D.G. Techlink Limited (herein “Techlink” or “we” or “us”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This paragraph explains the privacy notice terms and how we use the information we collect about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
The information we collect and how we use it:
TYPES OF DATA
Personal Data [any information identifying a Data Subject or information relating to a Data Subject that we can identify (directly or indirectly) from that data alone or in combination with other identifiers we possess or can reasonably access] processed may include all or any of the following data types, subject to the particulars of the specific services which we’re requested to provide:
– Personal details (including name, age/date of birth, gender, marital status, country of residence) of client and of other individuals associated with the client and the case at hand, whether in a business or private nature and provided that such individuals are relevant to our engagement; contact details (e.g. email address, contact number, postal address); Financial details (e.g. salary and other income and investments, benefits, tax status); job details (e.g. role, grade, experience and performance information); banking details, information in relation to past and future litigation, general information regarding business dealings or regarding the particulars of the case which we are called to assist on, investments and other financial interests, other data considered necessary for the purposes of the engagement.
-Depending on the particulars of our engagement we may also collect Special Categories of Personal Data.
We gather this information to allow us to process your orders and also any registrations you make through our site. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provisions of our services in general. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the site and we may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include any information that can be used to identify any individual. We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our site or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please send us an e-mail message to (firstname.lastname@example.org). We may automatically collect technical information when you connect to our site that is not personally identifiable. This includes for example the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system and the domain name of the website from which you are linked to our site.
Note: It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
In the case that you are an employee or other representative of any of our business customers or suppliers, the same categories of information might be provided to us by you or about you by the business you represent. This policy applies to our processing of that information in the same way that it applies to the processing of information supplied to us directly.
We do not collect any categories of sensitive personal data and this website is not intended for children so we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH US
As you interact with our website, emails and Apps, we also automatically collect usage and technical data (described below) about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Click here for more information about cookies.
Usage Data – includes details of products and services you have purchased from us, and information about how you use our website and our apps (if applicable) and how you interact with our emails.
Technical Data – includes:
- your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or read our emails;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page, mobile applications traffic data, weblogs and other communication data
Other – We may also receive information from third parties we work closely with such as delivery services, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Below are the ways we will use your personal data for our legitimate interests and/or to fulfill a contract with you or the business you represent (it being in our legitimate interests to process the personal data of employees and other representatives of our corporate customers and suppliers, to the minimum extent necessary to facilitate performance of that business contract):
- processing your order, including taking payment, supplying products and any after sales services such as cancellations and returns;
- identity verification and credit checking;
- keeping you updated on the progress of your order, we will usually communicate with you about your order by email;
- where you have registered with us, processing and administering your account;
- processing information required for competition, promotion or survey entries by you;
- analysing sales to help us understand and improve our business;
- administration, analysis and assessment of our website, emails and Apps and their performance, to understand and develop our business and for the improvement and optimisation of our website, emails and any Apps; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our website and our Apps safe and secure.
Direct Marketing We need your consent for direct marketing communications. If you have expressly given your consent to receive direct marketing from us, whether via our website, Apps or our physical offices, we may use the information you have given us and which we collect when you interact with us for;
- delivering direct marketing, advertising and updates from us to you, such as telling you about forthcoming events, products, services and offers and updates and information about us;
- measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others
- helping us decide which direct marketing emails we serve to you; and
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website and our Apps about goods or services that may interest you or them.
With the submission of your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this notice. If we change our Privacy Notice we will post the changes on this page so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
YOUR REINFORCED RIGHTS
Techlink has taken appropriate measures to provide any information relating to your rights as well as the exercise of these rights. Under Chapter III of the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Transparent information, communication and modalities for the exercise of your rights
You have the right to be provided with your data freely and in an intelligible and easily accessible form. Following your request, Techlink shall provide information without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests. In that case the Techlink will inform you for the reasons of the delay.
- Information to be provided where personal data are collected from the data subject
You have the right to know the contact details of the agent who collects your data, the contact details of the Data Protection Officer (‘DPO’) that was appointed by Techlink, the purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended, the legal basis for the processing, the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data and where applicable the fact that the controller intends to transfer personal data to a third country.
- Right of
access: You have the right to request and receive a copy of your personal data
undergoing processing. However, for any further copies requested, Techlink may
charge you a reasonable fee that is based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from Techlink without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): There is a right to ask for the erasure of your personal data and no longer processed where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are controlled or otherwise processed.
Hence, in the cases where Techlink retains and process personal data in accordance with the provisions of Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, Techlink may object to such a request and may keep the relevant personal data that are required in order for Techlink to comply with its legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right of restricting processing where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and there is pending verification as to whether the legitimate grounds of Techlink override those of your rights.
Therefore, we ensure that Techlink has in place a procedure where you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Nonetheless, for the personal data that are necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, Techlink may object to the restriction.
- Right to data
portability: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which
you have provided to Techlink, in a structured, commonly used and
machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to
another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal
data have been provided.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. However, since Techlink lawfully processes such data under Article 6(1)(c), we will still have the right to process the data.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects.
We process and store all personal data, in line with EU Data Protection Legislation. Personal data is utilised for registration purposes only and is not sold or forwarded to any third parties without your consent.
Data Protection Responsibilities